Canon EOS R5 firmware 1.3.0 is here!!! Who’s excited from some Canon Log3, lower bit rates for easier editing and some other goodies. There are 11 updates to the firmware in total and I’ll list them below. Personally I have my fingers crossed and am hoping that Canon did a little more to address the overheating and cool down time on the EOS R5. That would really be nice to see. Although with the EOS R5C rumour floating around who knows what will happen. I have a link to the firmware on Canon’s website down below as well as a tutorial on how to update your R5 firmware for anybody who needs it.
How to Update Firmware on the Canon EOS R5 Tutorial https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nTIBStNHLBY&t=40s
Super Sticky Eye Tracking in Video Mode – Canon EOS R5 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hqpme7sdPRw
EOS R5 How to Switch Between Photo and Video Modes Fast https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U-wcgIa7Vg0
INFO FROM CANON’S WEBPAGE ABOUT THE FIRMWARE:
Firmware Version 1.3.0 incorporates the following fixes and enhancements:
1. Adds [Canon Log 3] to [Canon Log settings]. You can select [Canon Log] or [Canon Log 3] from [Canon Log settings] in the Shooting tab of the menu.
– Support for RAW movies shot with Canon Log3 and RAW (Light) will be available in Cinema RAW Development and in Digital Photo Professional version in a future update.
– Digital Photo Professional will also support the processing of RAW movies shot in Canon Log3 settings and the application of Viewing LUT in future update.
2. size and [IPB (Light)] to 8K/4K to enable lower bit rate shooting. These settings can also be selected when RAW+MP4 is set.
3. Adds a high frame rate of 119.9 fps/100.0 fps to the Full HD movie recording size.
4. Adds [Electronic full-time MF] to the AF tab of the menu. When a lens is attached, manual focus adjustment is always possible with both One-shot AF and Servo AF.
5. Adds [6: Monitor Off] to [Shooting info. disp.: Screen info. settings] in the Shooting tab of the menu. This update makes it possible for the camera’s monitor to be turned off at all times during shooting.
6. The transfer time (estimated value) now displays on the camera monitor during FTP transfer.
7. Adds the ability, when transferring images via FTP, to select protected images that failed to be transferred and protected images that have not yet been transferred and transfer them all at once.
8. Adds [Save/load cam settings on card] to the Function settings tab of the menu.
This allows you to save the camera settings to a card, or load a saved file and restore the camera to the settings you saved to a card.
9. Fixes a phenomenon, in which, in rare instances, the camera does not function normally when using certain CFexpress cards.
10. Fixes a phenomenon, in which in rare instances, the camera cannot function normally when the drive mode is set to “High-speed continuous shooting” to shoot still images continuously.
11. Fixes a phenomenon in which the power may become suspended when the camera is powered via USB for an extended period of time.
Firmware Version 1.3.0 is for cameras with firmware up to Version 1.2.1. If the camera’s firmware is already Version 1.3.0, it is not necessary to update the firmware.