This is the first of three videos on the Home Automation – Weather Clock Series. It builds upon the “Getting Started with the Home Automation Kit” videos but can be viewed as standalone.
The Weather Clock is a clock having weather instead of time on the clock face. It uses the AVR®-IoT WG Board and the Google Cloud Platform (GCP) to achieve this.
The focus of this series is on the cloud implementation, and how to get started it into your IoT applications. Please see the User Guide linked below for a thorough and written explanation of the design and implementation.
Topics Covered in this Video
* Introduction to the Weather Clock Project
* Conceptually how to use the cloud in IoT Applications
* Configuring the IoT Core Module in GCP for the AVR-IoT WG Board
* Atmel Studio: https://www.microchip.com/mplab/avr-support/atmel-studio-7
* Documentation: http://atmel-studio-doc.s3-website-us-east-1.amazonaws.com/webhelp/GUID-4E095027-601A-4343-844F-2034603B4C9C-en-US-3/index.html?GUID-A7503856-D18B-41FE-B5A2-E705E7587C30
* MPLAB® Data Visualizer: https://gallery.microchip.com/packages?q=MPLAB-Data-Visualizer-Standalone
* Getting Started with the AVR® Home Automation Kit: http://microchip.com/DS50002957
* Home Automation – Weather Clock: http://microchip.com/DS50002962
* Home Automation – Automatic Blinds: http://microchip.com/DS50002958
* AVR-IoT WG Board Default Firmware: https://start.atmel.com/#example/Atmel%3AAVR_IoT_WG_Sensor_Node%3A1.1.1%3A%3AApplication%3AAVR_IoT_WG_Sensor_Node%3A
* AVR-IoT WG Board with Stepper 2 Click Firmware: https://start.atmel.com/#example/Atmel%3AAVR_IoT_WG_Sensor_Node_With_Stepper_2_Click%3A1.1.1%3A%3AApplication%3AAVR_IoT_WG_Sensor_Node_With_Stepper_2_Click%3A
* Weather Clock Cloud Script: https://github.com/microchip-pic-avr-solutions/avr-home-automation-weather-clock-cloud
* Weather Clock: Coming Soon
* Getting Started with the Home Automation Kit
* Home Automation – Weather Clock